4-Days Permaculture Basic Course
start Saturday September 21th
with Ishi Crosby in English language
Looking for some permaculture knowledge in the The Hague area? Thinking about starting your own Permaculture Garden?
This four days course gives you a firm introduction into Permaculture Design Principles and a general feeling for the possibilities that Permaculture has to offer as efficient and natural way of producing our food. This course gives you the skills to design your own Permaculture garden and insight in how to start and maintane it.
Permaculture is a design system that enables us to cooperate with Nature in order to produce our food, energy and other needs in a sustainable way, while at the same time, restoring the landscape and rebuilding biodiversity and resilience in the Earth's ecosystems.
If we examine natural ecosystems, we see a system of principles. in action.
Permaculture uses these principles to develop integrated systems that efficiently fulfil our needs in food, clean water and energy..
Through the use of Pemaculture we can improve the quality of our lives, communities and surroundings.
This course gives a general introduction to Permaculture and is focused on Permaculture as a natural and efficient way of producing food.
About Ishi Crosby:
Ishi Crosby is a Permaculture Designer and Teacher with over 25 years experience in various countries. He is specialised in the design and deployment of small to mid-scale food gardens, in the countryside, suberbs and cities. In recent years he is more oriented to Permaculture Agroforestry and is currently involved in the realisation of an Eco-Village project in the Province of Groningen here in Holland.
Day 1. Saturday September 21s
- Basic design principles for Permaculture gardens
- Functions of a garden
- The Web of Life in the soil
- Compost, worm manure and microorganisms
- Plant strategies for the Permaculture garden
- Design exercise, the food garden
Day 2. Saturday October 19th
- Perennial, Annual, and Biannual plants for Permaculture food production
- How plants can support and protect one another
- Integrated Pest Management
- Very useful plants and their functions
- Design excercise
Day 3 Saturday November 16th
- Trees and shrubs in the Permaculture garden
- Fruit and Nut production
- Prevention of pests and disease for fruit trees
- Grow your own fuel (Energy Forests)
- Food Forests and other Agroforestry systems
- Food Forest design
Day 4 Saturday December 7th
- Herbs and healing plants in the garden
- Wild plants as a food source
- Food production inside house
- Plants that clean the air in house
- The Permaculture garden in the winter
- Design excercise
4-days Permaculture course with Ishi Crosby
4x Saturday 1x a month, from 10:00 till 17:00h.
dates: September 21, October 19, November 16, December 7 2019
Last date to be settled, probably December 7th or 21th
Fee: € 260,- or € 200,- for low-income
coffee, tea and soup included
Eetbaar Park (Zuiderpark)/Edible Park
entrance behind Esso petrol station Vreeswijkstraat.
if locked call 06-26130464.
klick for Route Zuiderpark